Friday, July 2, 2010

What to do, oh what to do, when grandma is in town....

My grandmother is staying with us for almost 2 weeks while my parents are on vacation. I used this time to take advantage of making memories with my 89 yr. old grandma for my kiddos!

So...what did we do? We went to Build-a-Bear of course! Isn't that every 89 year olds dream????Ok, I admit, I had a hidden agenda.......2.5 years ago, before my daughter was born, I took my grandma to Build-a-Bear to make a rabbit for my daughter...the best part about it was having her record her voice telling her great-granddaughter a little something special. My daughter calls her great grandmother "nonna" and she LOVES,LOVES,LOVES her rabbit and often presses the recorder that has been stuffed inside to hear Nonna's voice telling her she is loved.

Now that I am on the verge of giving birth to our little boy, we took advantage of having grandma here to make him a bear (or in this case monkey) of his own. Here are some pics...

..... a kiss for the heart that goes inside


and now time for a fluff bath
grandma with her finished monkey for our son....when you press the hand you here Nonna telling her grandson that she loves him and hopes he will be a good boy!
My kids and I will treasure these stuffed animals forever! I love that years and years from now, we will still be able to hear her voice and know how much she loved us!

~ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment